Knauf Fire Protection Mortar is a dry white powder consisting of inorganic compounds and perlite. When mixed with water the compounds form a highly thermally insulating fire seal to prevent the spread of fire and smoke through openings in fire rated walls and floors, including openings formed to accommodate building service penetrations.
How to benefit:
- Classified in walls and floors of concrete, brick, gypsum etc.
- Suitable for cables, bundled cables, cable racks, cable trays, steel, copper, alupex, plastic pipes and air ventilation ducts
- High degree of mechanical resistance; the seal is load bearing without reinforcement
- Nearly unlimited storage time
- No priming necessary prior to application in most building material substrates however metal services in contact with the seal must be corrosion protected
- Fully set within 1 hour
- Very high sound insulation – 64 dB.